Saturday, May 09, 2009

Remember Travel?

With lots of theory lately, I forget the other reason for this blog is the Road half of the title.

I know Las Vegas is high on lots of people's lists of places to go, and it had been some time since I'd visited. I missed the whole "family Vegas" phase, and make no mistake, the emphasis is back on sin city.

Above all, the big highlight: Starbucks per capita. Just when you think you've seen the ultimate concentration in Seattle, where one can occasionally literally see the next one from the one you're at, I don't think I've ever been anywhere with as many locations.

And, 24 hour Starbucks locations. Yes! More than once in Seattle's downtown core, I've had to go brewless after 7 p.m., but no such worries in Vegas.

Hmm, unholy alliance -- gaming and unlimited caffine.

Sex sells again in Vegas, but not the grimy prostitution stripper sex of old Vegas. It's more of an oddball Ozzie and Harriott get their freak on sort of sizzle. It's everywhere, call it the Pussycat Doll-ification of the town. The bride jumping the groom cake toppers at Paris to the star-powered Peep Show (true name, and all pun apparently intended) like Mel B and Kelly Monoco; from the Pleasure Pit - bustiers and blackjack at Planet Hollywood to free pole dancing lessons offered daily to the bored touristas.

No comments: