Monday, April 26, 2010

One Day Too Many

In entertainment parlance, they call it jumping the shark. Or in Jack Bauer's world, Kim and the Cougar.

Look, I've always loved me some 24. The only appointment TV in our house. My wife, huge Kiefer fan, declared it over tonight.

"They should have stopped it last year," she said tonight as Jack stole the helicopter.

For me, when they sent "the Air Force chopper" after him. Last time I checked, the USAF had none. Yet another infiltration of CTU (is this the most insecure intelligence operation in human history), an EMP blast that didn't cause any explosive damage, there's a dead body stuffed in a wall panel (remember the probation officer from Little Rock - shouldn't he be starting to smell), and just how in the hell (once again) is Jack alive.

It was always the smartest tech and writing. But this year's plot has worn thin.

Copy that.

No comments: