Thursday, April 08, 2010

A Live Stat Plea

Developers:

Please heed the MLB iPad app. Live stats should be, well, numbers. Quick text summary. Updates.

Because if I wanted to see the cartoon balls move around, the Fisher Price base runners, the faux X-Box game animations . . . . . .

. . . . I WOULD WATCH THE GAME VIDEO STREAM.

This is my number one frustration with every single version of the "enhanced" game viewers out there. GameTracker may be a little more elegant, but it is too much Flash, and not enough substance. I have to work too hard through the slick interface to get what I want -- the stats.

And developers, please, PLEASE, hire someone that knows something about the game when you are making your interfaces, apps and widgits.

You know, it's really a little silly to not have total rebounds on your basketball live stats (or individual assists, but you included blocks). Things that those of us who care about stats, again, I'd be watching the game by itself if I didn't care about the numbers.

The dream date? Hitch the human touch of a CoverItLive content blog with the older stat number interface of Total Sports (hey, internet old timers, do you remember that one?).

Now, heading back to MLB . . .

No comments: