Monday, June 02, 2008

You're Kidding, Right?

Perhaps Andrew Cohen of CBS is the most droll, tongue-in-cheek humorist in America. He's the legal affairs correspondent for the network. Sunday morning, he opined that all PR people were liars, just like Scott McClellan.

Of course, Cohen is getting shelled by the PR industry, with PRSA launching against him. Plus the internets are in full force. You can see the original piece and Cohen's reaction.

I have two.

Pot, lawyer Andrew Cohen, meet Kettle, the PR types -- Guess what, when it comes to ethical standards the general public sees you both as black.

Here's my better one.

From his original rant: Show me a PR person who is "accurate" and "truthful," and I'll show you a PR person who is unemployed.

Andrew Cohen, who works at CBS, as you call out the public relations profession, I have two words for you: Dan Rather.

No comments: