Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Invasion is Over

Once again, the annual Invasion of the Wal-Martians has come and gone. I coined the term back in the early 1990s when the event was just old Barnhill Arena. It's grown into a monster event that brings people from around the world to Fayetteville. As I've told every new staffer, you have to experience it at least once.

This year was no exception. For the first time, we had the chance to attend the concerts which were outstanding. My favorite side comment -- I didn't think you liked cool music. Um, yes, and in fact I went Wednesday not as much for Journey (big in my high school years) as All-American Rejects.

Thursday with Keith Urban -- look, I could care less about country -- but he can flat play. I've not seen anyone in person play as well. Any style. While running and walking around Razorback Stadium. Giving guitars and microphones (literally) to the crowd.

No comments: