Saturday, September 18, 2010

Road Thanks

Thanks to Bill at REI Perimeter, who took the time to look up a bike part for me. That was above and beyond. No thanks to Varsity Gwinnett -- unusually off its game. How about that traffic in Athens? And Atlanta. Yikes.

But above all, thanks so much to the campus motorcycle cop who pulled me over to give me a ticket for no seat belt -- right after I stopped at the perimeter barricade to ask for help on where to part. Gee officer, the reason I had my seat belt off was, well, I just pulled away from that barricade you followed me through AND I was fumbling with the map.

At least he decided to make it a warning, but honest to God I thought he was about to start my visit to Athens for my first football game THAT much more special. So I guess, thanks to him for that.

Well, Ryan Mallett sure made it a great visit. Now let's hope I can than Delta for one more on-time departure in a few minutes.

While I'm dolling out the travel notes -- paperless boarding passes to the iPhone AND on-line check-in -- con mucho gusto gracias. If you aren't taking advantage, get the app for your airlines of use or at least take advantage of the send to your phone option for on-line check-ins. I did this for the first time this trip and it was great. I suppose the down side could be if the power goes out on your phone.

On to the gate.

No comments: