Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy 600th

OK, its 601, but I didn't want to spoil my burst of Cronkite energy.

Lot of people ask why do you still use Blogger? Why don't you have widgets? And multi-media?

Um, I'm lazy?

Look, I do that stuff all day. I'm not looking for another place to show off my programing or design skills, a chance to do some edgy new media apps. If you came here looking for my Flash ability or podcasts -- head back over into the commodity world at ArkansasRazorbacks.com, etc.

This is a notepad. I'm just putting down what comes into my head that I have the presumption to think colleagues in the business of sports media relations or journalism might be interested in. Facebook's to visual; Twitter's too short. So I'm still here most days of the week.

In this space, it's still about writing. Once upon a time, I had a "daily" column (every time the paper came out -- which was twice a week by the time I left) and I don't mind saying I was good enough at it to win the state columnist of the year award AND have my job threatened by the local high school journalism teacher when I dared write about students at her school spitting on the fans of their hated cross-river rivals.

One of these days, I'll have to recount those days. Ah yes, the morning the local Coca-Cola distributor forced us to take a Coke versus New Coke taste test, and even after I proved you could tell the difference, the publisher writing a counter editorial on the front page. Good times.

No comments: