Sunday, August 08, 2010

Had The Answer All Along


Amazing what you'll forget if you didn't keep records, and then what you'll lose when you misfile them. Case in point. When Walter Cronkite passed away, I posted the image of and quick story of the photo that's been hanging on my home office wall for almost as long as I've been in the business of either reporting or working with reporters.

I'd always wondered who was the crew, what was the mission, the details of the posed image. It's a confident flight crew looking in one direction, a little bit nervous Walter looking toward the camera man who has snapped the photo I have with Cronkite's autograph.



Cleaning through old files, I came across a 1990 letter from Cronkite's executive assistant, Allysa Adams, which revealed the names. I had completely forgotten about having it. The sad part of this -- folks have been looking for that cutline for years.

Fast forward to today, and a little googling to find more info at The Writing 69th's website.

No comments: