Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy 25th

How stupid am I? Today is my 25th wedding anniversary, and when Libby and I got married I was never, ever thinking that this would be a problem.

Then I got into sports information. We should have figured out this was bad when one of our first anniversaries was spent on a road trip. Now, granted, it was to Alaska for the old Northern Lights Invitational and we remember it fondly. However, since getting with the SEC, I've missed almost all the anniversaries running the stats for the tournament.

Fortunately for me, I've got the greatest spouse in the world. She has been incredibly tolerant of the sacrifice of not being home on March 3 for my job and for the SEC tournament. Getting to do that has been a privilege for 15 of the past 17 years. Today is one of those rare exceptions -- I don't have to leave for Little Rock until Wednesday morning. With any luck, we'll actually get to go out to dinner tonight (baring surprises from work).

Happy 25 honey.

No comments: