Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Convention is Coming

For those that attend CoSIDA, this is a shameless promotion of my panel New Media & College Sports: Understanding the Impact of Citizen Media and the Blogosphere. We're lucky that Dan Gillmor from the Center for Citizen Media and Arizona State's Cronkite School will present along with the man behind Every Day Should Be Saturday, Spenser Hall.

I'll try to follow those titans with a perspective of how we in the college sports community must reach out and be a part of this new media -- both as a participant from our institution with our own new media platforms and interact with this brave new world.

I'd be a shameless hypocrite if I didn't take advantage of this platform to vet and collect feedback on my part. So, watch this space for topics out of the talk for feedback. You can send that or suggestions direct to me at UA (bismith at uark [dot] edu).

No comments: