Sunday, January 17, 2010

Am I Going to Hell?

As I reached down to type out a note to myself again on my iPhone before church began, I'm struck once again by the oddity of having such a device readily available in the sanctuary. Then again, if the Book of Common Prayer were available as a e-book -- imagine how much more our church could save both in cost and paper for those bound editions and printed bulletins.

So instead, I'll holster for later and reach out to my ready standby -- the children's doodle cards and the little golf course pencils. I go through two or three a service. Is note taking of thoughts during the service bad? Well, of course not. God speaks to you when you are in quiet contemplation, and usually for me that happens in two places -- service and the shower. And until they come up with a really reliable waterproof notepad, at least I can jot down my Sunday ideas -- like this one -- on purloined kiddie cards until I can get to a keyboard.

Anyone else cause nervousness with their iPhone in church?

No comments: